Monday, March 05, 2007

Band-tailed Poker

I do intend to post about my recent trip to San Francisco to hear John Adams' A Flowering Tree and about the waltz-tune I wrote in Starbucks Saturday afternoon.

And I also intend to post about seeing the Rene Magritte exhibition just before it closed at the LA County Museum of Art.

And I do intend to finally share my unawaited essay about growing up Jewish in Iowa in the 1960s listening to symphonies by Gustav Mahler.

And I even finished reading a great book, The Great Black Way (Central Avenue), about the lives and music of African-Americans in 1940s Los Angeles. I wanted to write about that too.

And T. Simpson Parker. I really must blog about T. Simpson Parker and the Push Poke Prod Press.

But instead I have to work.

So for now instead, here's a picture of our backyard birdfeeder this afternoon with four band-tailed pigeons playing poker, or maybe they're talking about the election in Pasadena tomorrow or maybe about the bizarre hot weather we've been having. Brush fires in March!! Can you imagine?

4 Band-Tailed pigeons playing poker on the bird feeder in our backyard - plus one kibbutzer
And these birds really get the blood lust going in our local cats.

Band-tailed Tags:

2 comments :

the improvising guitarist said...

I look forward to reading about your recent trip to San Francisco to hear John Adams’ A Flowering Tree and about the waltz-tune you wrote in Starbucks Saturday afternoon.

And I also look forward to reading about [etcetera, etcetera…]….

S, tig

Anonymous said...

Great picture!